Wednesday 13 March 2019

Baritone ukuleles

I’ve made a couple of Baritone ukuleles and it’s an instrument that I really enjoy building. Unfortunately, because I build them like small guitars, they take me far too long to make and I can’t compete with price of the best factory built ones; so I don’t think there will be any more built in the foreseeable future.
The first was built for Morgan Nicholls of Muse fame. He supplied the sinker redwood sound board, African blackwood back and sides, pink ivory binding…..oh and the fossilised walrus tusk nut and saddle!


 This one has Brazilian mahogany back and sides and a Sitka soundboard, there’s also a Headway transducer fitted.

Completed in 2019; Engelmann spruce, figured sycamore, cocobolo details 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.