Saturday 13 December 2014

Archtop Guitars


Here are two archtop guitars that I built, an amazing 33 years apart. I really enjoyed building both of these instruments and would love to do more! This “Gibson” style one was built during my second year at the London College of Furniture (1977) and I still impress myself when I look at the tailpiece that I made! 
The one below, was built as a custom order in 2010, is based on my Model 1 shape; the client was inspired by the Gibson Howard Roberts guitar; hence the oval sound hole. It was design to be used acoustically or amplified; the humbucking pick-up and its volume and tone controls are mounted so that they do not interfere with the vibrations of the top plate, hence allowing for a true acoustic sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.